BERKSHIRE FREE LIBRARY
12519 State Route 38 – P. O. Box 151, Berkshire, NY 13736
Phone 607-657-4418 Email email@example.com
BUILDING USE POLICY
The library facilities are open to any small (15 maximum) group, which is engaged in educational, informational or recreational meetings or programs. Any opinions expressed in the meeting are strictly those of the organization or individuals and do not reflect those of the Library.
We ask that you abide by the following policies. Meetings will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. The room must be reserved at least 48 hours ahead of time, and preferably one week ahead.
1. All meetings must benefit the local community. The Board of Trustees reserves the right to deny use.
2. No alcoholic beverages are to be brought into or consumed in the building.
3. No smoking or use of open flames is allowed in the building.
4. Meetings must not interfere with the regular operation of the Library.
5. No admission fees may be charged for the meeting.
6. Advanced advertising should include contacts for the group. The Library is not responsible for giving information or taking reservations concerning non-library programs.
7. It is the responsibility of the contact person to notify the Library and the group’s members if a meeting has to be cancelled.
8. Meetings planned by a company or its representative to promote, advertise or which leads to sales of products or services are not permitted.
9. No library equipment, such as copier or printer, may be used unless the library is open and regular staff is available.
10. If the kitchenette is used, the group must furnish all dishes and equipment except coffee pot, clean the area and must remove all garbage.
11. It is expected that the room will be left clean and in order at the end of the meeting.
12. The Library will not assume responsibility for damage to materials or equipment used in the meeting rooms, including materials and equipment owned by the group. The group using the meeting room assumes financial responsibility for replacement or repair of damage to the room, chairs, tables or other library-owned equipment.
13. Nothing may be taped or tacked to the walls.
14. Young children accompanying an adult must not be left unattended in the Library.
15. No food or beverages are to be used around any of the computers.
16. If the meeting is to be held outside of the regular Library hours, the key must be picked up on the day of the meeting by a responsible adult (over 21) member of the group. If the library is not open on that day, arrangements must be made with the Library Director to pick up the key.
17. The responsible adult must make sure that all doors are locked, lights are turned out and the thermostat is set no higher than 60° at the end of the meeting. If any computers were used, they must also be turned off. The key is to be left on the Circulation desk.
18. The computer on the circulation desk is not to be used by the group.
19. No library books or materials are to be removed from the building.
20. While no charge is made for the use of the room, donations are accepted and appreciated.
Policy Approved November 16, 2021
President John Stoughton